Keio University  Faculty of Economics, Graduate School of Economics - Logo - Link to HOMEKeio University  Faculty of Economics, Graduate School of Economics Title LOGO - Link to HOME
Link to the Institute for Economic Studies, Keio University website Link to the PEARL website

HOME > Graduate > Study Abroad > Student Exchange Programmes

Study Abroad

Student Exchange Programmes

Application Documents

Note: The following forms are for use in application for Fall 2016 admission.
Please use the designated forms for (b) Student Exchange Application Form, (c) Study Proposal, (e) Proficiency in Japanese Language, and (g) Certificate of Health.

  1. Official nomination letter (cover letter) from home institution
  2. Student Exchange Application Form with three 3cm x 4cm photos*
    * No background, color, taken within 6 months, upper body with uncovered head
  3. Study Proposal (Undergraduate Students | Graduate Students)
  4. One academic reference (written by a professor of your home university)
  5. Proficiency in Japanese Language (self-evaluation sheet)
  6. Official transcript (full academic record from your home university)
    – If the latest transcript is not available at the time of the application, the home university needs to submit the original copy as soon as it is issued.
  7. Certificate of Health
  8. One photocopied set of the documents above

If you are an undergraduate student and wish to apply for the exchange program, please refer to the Study Information to fill in the (c) Study Proposal.

Visa Documents

Please use the designated form for (i) Application for Certificate of Eligibility.

  1. Application for Certificate of Eligibility (CoE)
    • This form is required by the Japanese Immigration Bureau and MUST be completed exactly as instructed. Refer to “SAMPLE” before you fill out the form.
    • This form needs to be prepared in EXCEL Only. Please send the completed file to the following e-mail addresses in Excel format by April 20 for autumn admission or October 20 for spring admission:
    • For Chinese and Korean nationals, write your name in English and Chinese character as instructed.
    • If you have dual nationalities, choose one nationality (passport) and make sure you write the information as for the chosen passport only, including the “Past entry into/depart from Japan”.
  2. Certificate of financial support
    • All exchange students must demonstrate that they have enough funds to support their stay at Keio.
    • The certificate must show the expected cost of their stay which is at least JPY 130,000 (or equivalent in local currency) per month for the period of stay (six or eleven months).
    • A copy of your monthly bank statement will not be accepted.
    • An authorized Japanese or English translation is required if the text is not written in Japanese or in English.
    • Please select which financial resources you will provide from 1-4 below and submit required documents.
    1. Personal funds:
      A bank statement or bank letter on official bank letterhead that indicates the type of account, the current balance and type of currency. The student’s name must appear on the bank document.
    2. Family funds:
      A letter of support in English or Japanese signed and dated by a family member who intends to provide for your expenses. The letter must indicate the amount of funds to be provided, the duration of the support, and the individual’s relationship to you.
      A bank statement or bank letter on official bank letterhead that indicates the type of account, the current balance and type of currency. The name of the family member providing support must appear on the bank document.
    3. Sponsoring organization funds
      A letter in English or Japanese from a sponsoring organization that indicates the amount of funds to be provided and duration of the award.
    4. Loan funds
      Documentation required: Please provide a copy of the approval letter indicating the amount of the loan.
  3. One passport copy

Submission of the Documents

All of the original or certified true copies of (a) to (k) must be submitted to the exchange coordinator at your home university.

To the exchange coordinator:
Please send the documents by post to:
Faculty of Economics | Graduate School of Economics Section,
Academic Affairs Group, Office of Student Services
Keio University
2-15-45 Mita, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8345, JAPAN
Phone: +81 (0)3 5427 1556
And send scanned documents by e-mail

To Page Top