Overview of the Application Procedure for the PEARL Programme
1. APPLICATION SCHEDULE FOR 2016 ENTRY
There are three application periods.
- First application period
Application period: October, 2015 through December, 2015.
Announcement of Results: January, 2016.
- Second application period
Application period: December, 2015 through February, 2016.
Announcement of Results: March, 2016.
- Third application period
Application period: February, 2016 through April, 2016.
Announcement of Results: May, 2016.
- Applicants who are not successful can re-apply during the subsequent application periods.
- Applying for the PEARL programme does not affect an individual’s eligibility status to apply for other entry exams (for Japanese students, for Japanese students who returned from abroad (kikoku-sei), and for international students) offered by the Faculty of Economics.
- Individuals who have applied for other entry exams (for Japanese students, for Japanese students who returned from abroad (kikoku-sei), and for international students) offered by the Faculty of Economics can still apply to the PEARL programme provided they meet the PEARL programme’s eligibility requirements.
2. APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
All applicants will be required to submit the following documents:
- Application Form
- Standardised Test Scores: One (or more) of the following:
a. International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma (or predicted grades)
b. SAT Scores
c. ACT Scores
- TOEFL iBT and/or IELTS Scores
- Written Statement of Applicant’s Academic Goals (in English)
This document should explain why you are applying to PEARL, in light of your academic goals.
- Letter(s) of Reference (in English or Japanese)
- Certificate of High School Graduation (or expected graduation, in English or Japanese)
- High School Academic Transcripts (in English or Japanese)
- Material for Confirming the Applicant’s Identity (residence card in English or Japanese, or a copy of the page of the applicant’s passport containing the applicant’s photo and details)
If they wish, applicants can also submit the following documents:
- SAT Subject Tests Scores
- Any Other Materials Including Standardised National Examination Scores (if they deem relevant)
The PEARL programme is scheduled to start in September 2016. Further details, including the application form, will be posted here as soon as they become available.
Follow us on Twitter to get the latest news from ＠KeioPEARL