Note: The following forms are for use in applying for Fall 2022/Spring 2023 admission.
Please use the designated forms for: (b) Student Exchange Application Form; (c) Study Proposal; (e) Proficiency in Japanese Language; and (g) Certificate of Health.
All of the documents must be written either in Japanese or in English. A Japanese or English translation is required if the text is written in any other language.
- Official nomination letter (cover letter) from home institution
- Student Exchange Application Form
- Study Proposal (Undergraduate Students | Graduate Students)
- This study proposal is required for all applicants, including graduate students who would like to focus on taking courses rather than conducting research while at Keio. If you are a graduate student and wish to concentrate on taking classes, please indicate what courses you would like to take and what you would like to learn from these courses.
- Please refer to the Study Information to fill in this Study Proposal.
- One academic reference
- This academic reference should be written and signed by a professor at your home institution within the past 3 months.
- An academic reference written by a TA (Teacher’s Assistant) or used for internal selections at your home university is not acceptable.
- Official transcript (full academic record from your home university)
- If the latest transcript is not available at the time of the application, your home university needs to submit the original copy as soon as it is issued.
- If you are a Graduate student, please submit the official transcript of Master’s semester.
- 4cm(H) x 3cm(W) photo data
- No background, color, taken within 6 months, printed on glossy paper, upper body with head uncovered, and facing forward. Up to 49 KB.
- Proficiency in Japanese Language (self-evaluation sheet)
- Certificate of Health
- Must be filled in and signed by a medical practitioner, NOT by the student.
Submission of the Documents
Please submit the documents until April 30 via the google form below;
Please submit the online form “Application for Certificate of Eligibility” below.
- Please submit the application form by April 20 for autumn admission or October 20 for spring admission.
- If you have dual nationalities, choose one nationality (passport) and make sure you write the information as for the chosen passport only, including the "Past entry into/depart from Japan".
*Certificate of financial support (Please upload a file in PDF format in the online form)
- The certificate must show the financial support is at least equal to the expected cost of their stay which is at least JPY 130,000 (or equivalent in local currency) per month for the period of stay (six or eleven months).
- Fall semester: JPY 780,000 (JPY130,000 x 6 months)
- Spring semester: JPY 520,000 (JPY 130,000 x 4 months)
- Full academic year: JPY 1,430,000 (JPY 130,000 x 11 months)
- A copy of your monthly bank statement will not be accepted.
- An authorized Japanese or English translation is required if the text is not written in Japanese or in English.
- All of the following documents must be original copies.
- Please select which financial resources you will provide from 1-4 below and submit required documents.
- Personal funds:
A bank statement or bank letter on official bank letterhead that indicates the type of account, the current balance, and currency of the account. The student’s name must appear on the bank document.
- Family funds:
A letter of support in English or Japanese signed and dated by a family member who intends to provide for your expenses. The letter must indicate the amount of funds to be provided, the duration of the support, and the individual’s relationship to you. (Sample)
A bank statement or bank letter on official bank letterhead that indicates the type of account, the current balance, and currency of the account. The name of the family member providing support must appear on the bank document.
- Sponsoring organization funds
A letter in English or Japanese from a sponsoring organization that indicates the amount of funds to be provided and duration of the award.
- Loan funds
Documentation required: Please provide a copy of the approval letter indicating the amount of the loan.