PCP Certificate Information
for Short-term International Students
and Japanese Language Programme Students
A PCP Certificate is awarded to short-term international students and Japanese Language Programme students who earn credits for 10 PCP classes.
The 10 classes must include:
- Finance, Policy and the Global Economy
- Independent Study.
If students can convince the Faculty of Economics that contents of the class they took at their home university is equivalent to the contents of a PCP class, PCP will count the credit for such a class towards the PCP certificate.
Here is how to get the approval for accreditation:
- Read carefully the PCP syllabus and see if you can find a PCP class whose contents seem similar to the contents of a class you took at your home university. The PCP course syllabus is at Curriculum & Courses.
- Prepare the following course materials for the class you took at your home university:
- Course syllabus which clearly indicates course title, contents and texts
- Notes and/or exams
- Term papers if applicable
- English translation* of (a) to (d) if the class is not taught in English
*Translation does not need to be certified. The student may translate the materials by him/herself.
- Submit (a) to (e) above to the PCP Office at: <PCPOffice[at]pcp.econ.keio.ac.jp> .
The PCP office will notify you of the result of the evaluation by e-mail.
Please submit the necessary documents well in advance to allow sufficient time for the evaluation, keeping in mind that the process usually involves exchange of e-mails with several professors and administrative staffs.